These colourful resin blanks are made from a cast polyester thermoset resin based material. The resin is non-toxic and suitable for a wide variety of applications, such as: Musical instruments, writing instruments, interior design, high end household accessories, hobby/craft, cutlery, military and bush craft knives, furniture manufacture, restoration and fashion.
This material can be turned/machined on hand and CNC lathes as well as being milled, drilled and laser cut.
High quality resin turning blanks available in a range of vibrant colours. Easy to turn and finish to a high shine. Each blank is approx. 20mm x 150mm and has a unique appearance.
Hints & Tips
- Always take shallow cuts with sharp tools
- To prevent chipping whilst turning use a negative rake scraper
- Drill at a slow speed and avoid overheating when polishing
- To achieve a glass like finish sand with Abralon sanding pads and finish with Chestnut Burnishing Cream
- Colt pen drills are ideal for drilling resin pen blanks