The NOVA Comet II Midi Lathe is precision machined from quality materials. Solid cast iron throughout adds to its durability and stability. Both the head and tailstock spindles are 2MT for strength. The Comet II enables you to create bowls up to 300mm (12") diameter or turn spindles up to 420mm (16.1/2") long. The power comes from a 560W (3/4hp) motor. The variable speed control allows you to match the speed to the work with a range between 250 and 4,000rpm allows you to match the right speed to any turning from 300mm bowls down to pens and a huge variety of small work. The Comet’s forward/reverse switch means sanding your turning in reverse for a superior finish is easily available.
Powerful Electronic Variable Speed Motor - Rpm range from 250 to 4000 rpm. With a super lower speed up to a super-high speed, this makes the NOVA Comet II Midi Lathe the perfect choice for a variety of projects, from pens to bowls.
Forward and Reversing Switch - Offers additional flexibility and allows you to achieve a superior finish.
300mm (12″) Swing Capacity over bed and 419mm (16.5″) between centres - Extendable with bed extension accessory.
3 Step Pulley System - Offers different speed ranges while providing maximum flexibility. The middle step usually provides enough range for most wood turning applications. However, the additional 2 steps provide more torque or speed for more demanding applications.
- Quality materials – Solid cast iron throughout
- Strong 2MT spindles
- Precision machining.
- Long reach toolslides, designed to take advantage for the extra capacity the NOVA lathes offer
- Quick action cam controls – precisely and quickly adjust to your requirements
- Bowl turning capacity: 12″/300mm
- Between centres: Standard 16.5″/419mm. Extendable to 42″/1066mm, using optional bed extension
- 3/4HP (560w), Variable Speed
- Speed range: 250 – 4000rpm
- Spindle Thread: 1″8TPI RH
- Tailstock: 2MT hollow, quill travel 1.6″/40.60mm
- 3″/80mm faceplate
- 6″/152mm toolrest
- 2MT live center
- 2MT spur center
- Manual & fastenings
- Hand wheel
- Knock out bar